Tuesday, February 12, 2013

TARTE QVC TSV Journey To Natural Beauty




I absolutely love the Beauty Sets that QVC puts together.  They are always a great value for the price and usually include products that are brand new!  The particular set really caught my eye because it includes an Amazonian Clay blush to add to my collection as well as the Amazonian Clay Foundation I have been wanting to try.

I was actually able to purchase this set before the TSV air date because I stumbled across it on the QVC beauty mobile app while looking for Christmas presents for myself =)  I signed up for the Auto-delivery so I will be receiving the second shipment in June and the last in November.

Tarte QVC Today's Special Value for February 5, 2013.  
Journey to Natural Beauty 6 Piece Collection $59.94 ($168 retail value)

You can still purchase this set for $65.94, item number A231029



This is the makeup bag/clutch that came with the set.  Cute Pattern and quite large.


The first items in the set are the Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation 
and Airbrush Finish Foundation Brush.  


The brush retails on its own for $32 and doesn't come in the cute style that this one does, which matches the bag.  It's very Full and soft.


I purchased the foundation in the shade Light.  For color reference I typically wear between NC20-NC25 in MAC foundations and Shade 30 in Makeup Forever Matte Velvet+
It's not a bad match for my skin tone, but a bit more yellow than I prefer.


Next item was an Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Plummy Rose, described as a deep rose 

This is a new product to the Tarte line.  The lipstick glides on nicely and has a nice moisturizing sheen.  The color is a nice everyday wearable shade.



Next is the Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in the shade Fearless! 

Tarte describes it as a Warm Pink shade.  I love these blushes and I am always happy when QVC had sets like these because the Blush retails for $26 each.


The Brow Architect is another new product launch for Tarte.  It's a 3-in-1 brow product/tool.


One end has a spoolie to help comb and brush the brows into place.


On the other end is a universal brow pencil.


It has a wedge shape to it.


In the middle is a concealer/highlighter in a matte skin tone shade.  I received this in the fair-light to correspond to my foundation shade of choice.  This also comes in medium-tan and deep.


The last product in the set is a new mascara, Lights, Camera, Flashes! Statement Mascara in Black

swatches of the blush, lipstick, brow pencil and highlighter.



As a bonus there was a sample of their Braziliance Self-Tanner

Overall, I am very impressed by the value of the items included in this set.  I love Tarte and this is a great way to try some new products at a great price!  I am looking forward to the future shipments!

1 comment:

  1. What is the shade of your foundation? you said just light but that isn't a color.. did you mean light sand?

    ReplyDelete