Thursday, February 21, 2013

GRAZE - Box #2

This box took forever to arrive.  I loved my first Graze box so much I talked my husband into ordering one for himself.  Basically, I wanted more than one box per week.  This was Blake's first box.



























The Kittens had to get in on the action too!  

The first item in the box is one I received in my first box, Summer Berry Flapjack.  We both loved it so we were happy to have it again.  If you would like to see pictures, reviews, and more info on graze, check out my First Graze Box post.

Next, we have Pear Tatin.  Pear, raspberry infused cranberries, yogurt coated sunflower seeds and almonds.




I was able to try the yogurt covered sunflower seeds last time in the Summer Pudding and we both thought they were delicious, so we were happy to see them again in the Pear Tatin.  You could definitely taste the raspberry infusion in the cranberries, they were really good as well.  I love almonds so those were good.  However, we didn't really enjoy the dried pear.  The texture was a little rubbery and chewy and it lacked flavor.  It took us a while to taste the pear-ness, LOL.  Overall, it was good, but I don't think we want to receive it again, TRASH

Next was the After Dinner Mint.  Mint infused raisins, blanched almonds, and dark chocolate buttons.

Even PJ couldn't help but nibble on the package. 



I was able to taste the dark chocolate buttons in my Inspired by Jaffa Cake last time, and liked them.  Blanched almonds, nothing special but still good.  I was really intrigued by the mint raisin, and maybe a little scared.  We were pleasantly surprised.  The mint wasn't overpowering, it added just a touch of coolness.  I love how Graze can put together such simple combinations and take it to a whole new level.  I really liked this, but its wasn't special enough to get often.  I will keep this at TRY.

Lastly, the British Barbecue.  Rosemary Crostini, mini basil bread sticks, fiery seeds and smoked almonds.



Blake and I fell in love with the Herby Bread Basket I received last time so I rated all of Graze's bread-like selections as either "like" or "love."  The basil breadsticks were just as delicious as we remembered.  The rosemary crostini were good, but I like rosemary in moderation otherwise I feel like it has a bit of a soapy taste.  The fiery seeds, sunflower and pumpkin, had a bit of heat but not much, but were really good.  We both were surprised how much we enjoyed the smoked almonds.  They almost tasted meat-like.  We really liked this one so we will keep it at LIKE.

Overall, Graze has yet to disappoint.  Blake's 2nd box actually arrived yesterday, even before my second box which shipped a day earlier than his.  The kittens seemed to enjoy our unboxing as well...


If you would like to try Graze for yourself, check out their website 
Graze isn't open to the public yet so you will need an invite code.  Here are ours 
GCM166Yor HGF2M9F

No comments:

Post a Comment