Monday, March 18, 2013

GRAZE - Box #5


This is my 5th Graze box.  I am still enjoying this service and look forward to the boxes every week.


This box contained all new snacks that we haven't tried yet.

The first one we dug into was the Mango Lassi- Yogurt coated peanuts, pumpkin seeds and mango.



I think this might have been the first graze snack we tried that we felt was all wrong!  Nothing about this combination of flavors made out taste buds happy.  The dried mango lacked flavor and the texture was tough and chewy.  The pumkin seeds were plain.  I had high hopes for the yogurt covered peanuts, I like most yogurt coated things and I like peanuts, however, it just didn't work for me.  I can see where they were going with the Mango Lassi idea, mango and yogurt, but this was just disappointing.  TRASHed for sure.


Mango Chutney- fruity mango chutney with black pepper dippers.


This, I enjoyed.  You could definitely taste the black pepper in the black pepper dippers, it gave the puffy rice cracker a nice bit of spice.  If you don't like pepper I wouldn't recommend this, but I liked them.  The mango chutney was a nice compliment because it was sweet and slightly spicy.  It had some indian spices as well that gave it a great flavor.  I actually had another packaged of graze's My Thai and I preferred dipping those rice crackers in this chutney as opposed to the sweet chili sauce.


We were excited to see the Pomodoro Rustichella- cheese croutons, tomato, basil and oregano almonds,  and mini tomato breadsticks.


So far, we have really enjoyed the "bread-like" selections from Graze.  This one was also very good.  The cheese croutons didn't taste very cheesy to me, but was still very tasty.  The tomato breadsticks reminded me of a pizza.  Have you ever had Combos before?  The cylindrical cracker with different fillings?  Well these tasted like the pizza flavored Combos to me.  The almonds were nice as well, definitely had an italian taste to them thanks to the oregano.


Lastly, Honeycomb Flapjack- rustic rolled oat flapjack with honeycomb and milk chocolate.


Graze's flapjacks are outstanding, but definitely some of the more caloric snacks in their range.  This one was also very fresh, moist, and soft.  This is probably the sweetest flapjack they have.  I was really hoping for some pieces of honeycomb throughout but I honestly couldn't taste any, that was a bit disappointing.  Also, oddly enough, I couldn't taste much from the chocolate drizzle.  Though it doesn't really hold up to the name "Honeycomb flapjack" its still rather tasty.



If you would like to try Graze for yourself, check out their website 
Graze isn't open to the public yet so you will need an invite code.  Here are ours 
GCM166YDor HGF2M9FD

No comments:

Post a Comment