Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I GOT A JOB!!!

So, I know I've been MIA lately, and if you follow me on twitter you probably already know why...I GOT A JOB =)

Okay, it has nothing to do with what i went to school for (Genetics) and its only a seasonal job, but I am so thankful to have some sort of an income.  It's a retail job, my first one, and I had no idea how physically demanding it was.  I stand on my feet all day, my back aches and my poor toes feel so sore by the end of the day.  I have a new found appreciation for those who work in retail.  And for those of you who haven't, let me tell you, it takes a lot more work than you think and I urge you to be patient and show your cashiers some respect!

I don't plan to work in retail forever, I hope to find a job in a field related to my degree, but right now, with the economy the way it is, it might be a while before that happens.

For those of you in similiar situations, recent grads looking for a career, people who have lost their jobs and looking for a way to make ends meet, Keep your heads up!  I know times are hard right now, but don't give up! My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you!

Well, just wanted to give you guys a quick update as to why I haven't been around lately.  Thanks so much for understanding =)


No comments:

Post a Comment