Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I <3 NUTELLA

It was love at first taste...

This Twin Pack is from Costco- $7.99

If you've ever had a Ferrero Rocher, Nutella is the same creamy center in those addictive little balls of deliciousness! I grew up on Ferrero Rocher, my parents would buy me those big boxes from Costco and I could eat the whole thing on my own.  But it wasn't until my Freshman year of College that I actually had my first taste of Nutella from the jar =) thanks to my lovely dorm mates!

You can eat Nutella on basically ANYTHING and EVRYTHING (my friend actually dipped her hot cheetos in it, LOL). Some faves are animal crackers, graham crackers, pretzels, fruit, Crepes (Strawberry Nutella Crepes are to die for, banana isn't bad either), and Nutella Wontons are easy to make but scrumptious! Lately, for a more healthy approach, I've been eating it spread over whole wheat bread...


You're probably thinking, "eww, chocoalte on bread?" haha, I thought the same thing when I first heard it myself, but its actually very tasty! Nutella is made mostly of hazelnuts, some skim milk and a hint of cocoa.  It was originally created during World War II when the chocolate supply was low, adding hazelnuts to what little cocoa was available extended the chocolate supply.  Nutella has hung around even after the War because, let's face it, its Yummy!

So whether you eat it drizzled over cake for a simple dessert or eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon (or a finger) Nutella is definitely a staple in many kitchens around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment